The Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences (AJVS)
Official Journal of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Alexandria University
The Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences (AJVS) is the official Journal of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt.
Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences is a quarterly open Access English Journal. The journal calls for original papers, review articles and short communications and case reports in the following Veterinary fields:
1- Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Physiology “Veterinary Academic Studies”.
2- Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology.
3- Veterinary Pharmacology, Toxicology and Forensic Medicine.
4- Animal Hygiene, Husbandry, Nutrition and Food Control.
5- Veterinary Pathology.
6- Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology.
7- Veterinary Medicine and Infectious Diseases “Veterinary Diseases”.
AJVS website: http://www.alexjvs.com
Type: Quarterly (4 volumes/year).
Owned and published by: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Alexandria University.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Telefax: +20 45 2963526
email@example.com (editor in chief).
DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals):
AJVS is a DOAJ member.
Open Access Agreement:
The articles in Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (BY-NC-SA 4.0) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
Proofs and Reprints: Electronic proofs will be sent as an e-mail attachment to the corresponding author as a PDF file. Page proofs are considered to be the final version of the manuscript. With the exception of typographical or minor clerical errors, no changes will be made in the manuscript at the proof stage. Authors will have free electronic access to the full text (HTML, PDF and XML) of the article. Authors can freely download the PDF file from which they can print unlimited copies of their articles.
The peer review process:
A double blinded process that include the following steps;
1. Submission of paper, via an online system.
2. Editorial Office, checks the paper’s composition and arrangement against the journal’s Author Guidelines to make sure it includes the required sections and stylizations. The quality of the paper is not assessed at this point.
3. Appraisal by the Editor-in-Chief, checks that the paper is appropriate for the journal and is sufficiently original and interesting. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
4. Assigning an Associate Editor who handle the peer review.
5. Invitation to Reviewers, are sent to individuals who would be appropriate. As responses are received, further invitations are issued, if necessary, until the required number of acceptances is obtained – commonly this is two.
6. Response to Invitations, potential reviewers consider the invitation against their own expertise, conflicts of interest and availability. They then accept or decline. If possible, when declining, they might also suggest alternative reviewers.
7. Review is Conducted, the reviewer sets time aside to read the paper several times. The review is then submitted to the journal, with a recommendation to accept (with or without minor changes) or reject it.
8. Journal Evaluates the Reviews
9. The Decision, the editor sends a decision email to the author including any relevant reviewer comments.
10. Final Steps,
If accepted, the paper is sent to production. If the article is rejected or sent back for either major or minor revision, the handling editor should include constructive comments from the reviewers to help the author improve the article. At this point, reviewers would also be sent an email or letter letting them know the outcome of their review. If the paper was sent back for revision, the reviewers should expect to receive a new version, unless they have opted out of further participation. However, where only minor changes were requested this follow-up review might be done by the handling editor.
AJVS is a member of:
IMEMR -WHO Eastern Mediterranean
EBSCO Information Services
Reseapro Scientific Services